Saturday, September 11, 2010

Starting a New Blog

I have been decorating cakes for about 3 years. On the advice of a friend, I've decided to create a blog to share pictures my creations.

Since this is my first blog entry I'm including a picture of the first cake I ever decorated.

This was my first assignment from my first cake decorating class. We were supposed to frost a cake and make a shape on the top to fill in with another color (or colors). The example in the book was a round cake with a rainbow on top. It was college football season when I made this so I made a yellow cake with the CU Buff logo on top. It was a hit at the tailgate party.

(Just to clarify: I'm an Oregon Ducks fan. I was going to tailgate party at CU with a bunch of CU friends so I made this cake to fit the event. Go Ducks!)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Alicia! Can't wait to see all of your creations :)

    ReplyDelete